Component symbols refer to the components placed in the schematic diagram, which need to connect pins, set pin names, etc.
Entry: Top menu - New - Symbol, type select Symbol.
Steps to create a key symbol:
- Obtain the component specification and get the symbol style and pin information. For example: https://item.szlcsc.com/8070.html
- Draw a rectangle as a component graphic.
- Place the pins. Shortcut key P. Entry: Top Menu - Place - Pins.
- Set the pin number and name. Double-click the pin number or name to modify, you can also click on the pin list on the left, and modify it in the property panel on the right.
Adjust the orientation of the pins according to the actual situation to facilitate the drawing connection.
- Set the name and bit number value of the symbol in the property panel on the left, such as U?
- Save and complete the creation.
After saving, it can be found in the component library in the bottom panel: Bottom Panel - Component Library - Symbol - Personal.
If you need to create a sub-library, or a multi-part symbol library, please refer to the following.
Note: You must create a good symbol created by binding a device with the same name or a different name before it can be placed and used in the schematic.
When a component has too many pins, it will be very space-consuming to draw it all in one library file, so it can be done by creating sub-libraries (also known as multi-part devices, sub-libraries, multi-part symbols, etc.) Multiple symbols combine the element. All sub-libraries together form a complete component. Each sub-library corresponds to the same footprint, only the corresponding pad numbers are different.
- Create a symbol library file and select the component in the project panel on the left.
- Click + on the right to add a sub-library
- Each time you add a sub-library, a sub-library file with names such as .1, .2, .3, etc. will be generated.
- For components with sub-libraries, only one footprint can be specified in the parent library. If you specify different footprints for each sub-library, EasyEDA Pro will keep the last specified footprint as the component’s footprint*
- The numbers of the sub-libraries must all be the same as the parent library.