The layer manager is to modify and edit the stack of layers on the right side of the editor.
- Top Menu - Tools - Layer Manager
- Click the layer manager icon in the upper right of the layer property bar on the right
The layer manager window pops up, where you can set the transparency, name, type, and add layers of the layer.
Select the number of layers to add
After generation, the layer manager page will have two more layers
The newly added layer type can be modified, which can be modified to the signal layer and the internal electrical layer. The copper of the printed board is retained where the lines are drawn, and the copper deposits where there are no lines are removed. Such as the top layer and the bottom layer, the signal layer is the positive film.
Signal layer: It is also a positive layer. The pcb signal layer is the same copper conductive layer as the top and bottom wiring, but it is a wiring layer sandwiched between the top and bottom layers.
Internal electrical layer: Also known as the plane layer or the negative layer, it is the internal power supply and ground layer (and is connected to each layer through through holes), and the internal electrical layer is divided by “line” primitives. Negative film effect: Where the lines are drawn, the copper coating of the printing board is removed, and the copper coating where there are no lines is retained. Traces or other objects placed on these layers are copper-free areas, ie this working layer is negative. The internal electrical layer of EasyEDA Pro is drawn in negative film mode, but it is positive film output when outputting the Gerber file, please pay attention.
- Note: The professional version does not support automatic reconstruction of the internal electrical layer, you need to select the internal electrical measurement to manually rebuild.
In the editor, there is a clear difference between the internal electrical layer and the signal layer
Internal electrical layer
The inner electrical layer is like a piece of copper, which can be networked and divided.
Set up network
Switch to the inner layer, click on the copper skin, and set the network on the right panel.
Split the inner electrical layer
To divide the inner electric layer, you need to use a broken line to divide it, you cannot use a wire, and after the division is completed, you need to manually rebuild the inner electric layer or the shortcut key Shift+B to rebuild all copper
The divided inner electrical layer can set up multiple networks.
Note: The wire drawn by dividing the inner electrical layer must be a complete closed loop.
Drawing a single layer PCB
The copper foil layers of EasyEDA Pro are double numbers. It does not support direct drawing of a single-layer PCB. You can achieve the purpose of drawing a single-layer by two methods:
- Place and route directly on a single layer (top or bottom) without placing vias.
- If you have a footprint with multiple pads, there will be copper on the top and bottom layers. At this point, you can find out the footprints corresponding to all the multi-layer pads, right-click to edit the footprint - apply the current PCB, change the metallization (copper plating) property of the multi-layer pads to No, and then change the size of the multi-layer pads Set to “Custom” and set the diameter of the top or bottom to 0.
- After generating the Gerber, check whether the Gerber meets the design requirements.
- The PCB design is completed on one side, and the pads on the other side do not need to be processed to generate Gerber.
- Communicate well with the board factory when placing an order for PCB with Gerber, and make a note to only make a single-layer board.